Get Involved! Join a LOTSAR Committee.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FORM
Affordable Housing Committee
- Promotes the Workforce Housing Specialist certification program.
- Plans and organizes affordable housing initiatives and events.
Allied Member Committee
- This committee is dedicated to increasing networking opportunities between our REALTOR® members and Allied members-service providers.
Commercial Investment Division
- Provides specialized services to Board members practicing commercial real estate.
Community Relationships Committee
- Promotes public relations efforts of LOTSAR aimed at improving the public image of REALTORS® and encouraging consumers to use the services of REALTORS®.
- Committee members plan and coordinate community service projects, per the Board of Directors. Events include Habitat House, and the blood drive.
- Reviews public and private requests for LOTSAR donations and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding donation endeavors.
- Committee members discuss and promote green-building efforts/developments in the community.
- Guest speakers at monthly meetings present products and systems that promote green-development efforts on a local, state and national level.
- Monitors the financial status of the Board and its Subsidiaries.
- A screening committee that reviews ethics complaints and arbitration requests.
- Decides whether to send complaints / requests forward to the Professional Standards committee for hearings.
- Meets as needed when Ethics Complaints are filed.
- Monitors local, state, and federal governmental actions.
- Committee members are responsible for informing members of current issues.
- Responsible for informing members of issues important to REALTORS® and those candidates who support those issues.
- Coordinates collections of RPAC contributions from LOTSAR members
Professional Development and Events Committee
- Responsible for LOTSAR’s social and educational events.
- Committee members recommend educational programs and events for LOTSAR members and provide on-site support at the events.
- Committee members plan and coordinate Board-wide social events, per the Board of Directors. Events include the annual picnic, annual golf tournament, and annual banquet.
Professional Standards Committee
- Conducts full “due process” hearings with sworn testimony, witnesses, and evidence, for ethics complaints and arbitration requests forwarded by the Grievance committee or Board of Directors.
- Professional Standards committee members are required to take Code of Ethics training and to have served on a Grievance or Professional Standards committee previously.
- Meets as needed for Hearings.
Property Management Committee
Provides specialized services to Board members practicing property management.
Joining a LOTSAR Committee – FAQs
Question: What is the time commitment?
Answer: Most committees meet once per month. Meetings are usually 1 hour in length. Some committees, such as Professional Development & Events and Community Relations sponsor events, so there are additional volunteer opportunities.
Question: Where do committee meetings take place?
Answer: All regularly scheduled committee meetings take place at the Land of the Sky Association of REALTORS® office at 37 Montford Avenue.
Question: Are there any experiential or educational requirements for committee participation?
Answer: Only the Grievance and Professional Standards committees have prerequisites. Formal Code of Ethics / Professional Standards training is required in order to review complaints and/or to serve on hearing panels. Also, Professional Standards members should have previous experience on a Grievance or Professional Standards committee.