Hear Chief Tax Assessor, Keith Miller, on issues related to Discovery of Improvements and collection of taxes, including:
- Who should report improvements to the County property assessor?
- How to protect you clients from paying prior year property taxes up to 10 years
- Discovery of value that has escaped taxation in prior years (NCGS 105-312)
- Discovery penalties for failure to report could be up to 60%
- Who pays for prior years taxes should taxes be discovered? new owner or prior owner?
- Can the County tax collector foreclose on my property for prior years taxes due?
- Could REALTORS and/or closing attorneys have liability?
Who: Keith Miller, Buncombe County Property Assessor